Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Happy New Year - 2019

Happy New Year - 2019


It is now 2019.  That's the year Blade Runner was set in! Back in 1982, 2019 seemed a long way off, now, we are here. So far no replicants, so far.  We do have smartphones, a lot of them.  A whole lot of them!  We talk more to our technology then our family and friends.   Not so computed.

As the new year comes, one can reflect on the previous year.  Each year I work hard to improve myself.  I want to become a better person, a better human being as I get older.  At this point, I feel each year I have gotten better, improved in the things I care about.  Some things are not as important, so I stop improving on them.  Other years I take up something that I haven't worked on for years.  Sometimes I find a new way of doing something that I've been doing forever.  Life is funny like that.

New Year's resolutions almost never come to fruition.  Working out, getting more healthy, losing weight, in many ways are things that can not be solved with a resolution.  One needs to make a plan of action, and focus on one aspect that will help them improve what is not working. I'm not saying to never have resolutions, in my lifetime, rarely have I seen them make a difference in someone's life.

Make goals, set new goals as you get older and mature.  Make new goals once you accomplish your previous goals.  Having a mission in your life will give your life focus.  Structure is the one common element of those that I have known that are successful.  So forget your resolutions and get some structure in your life!  Compute that!

Happy New Year!  So computed!






No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?