Sunday, November 08, 2009

Believe

Believe
Photobucket

What do you believe in? Do others agree? Does it matter? Do your beliefs help you in life? Do they hold you back?

What is a belief? Over the last few years I have been studying how beliefs effect humanity. Some for the good of humanity, others not so good for humanity.

This brick wall was the last part of Crossroads, a place many famous musicians played in Nac, Stevie Ray Vaughan used to play there back in the 80's, now it has been covered up with cement because it was believed to look better. Now nothing remains of this former venue.
Photobucket

Here is what looks better.
Photobucket

I believe that Star Trek is the best show ever on TV. All TV shows lead up to Star Trek and all TV shows lead away from Star Trek. This belief is so strong in me I cut my hair and sideburns like they would have them in Starfleet.
Photobucket
Does my belief alone make me right? What about Battlestar Galactica? Dr. Who? Red Dwarf?

For me to understand why others would believe that other Sci-Fi shows are the best, I would have to suspend my belief in Star Trek and watch the other shows with an open mind. If I watch them with a close mind, nothing would happen.

I still believe in eating food.
Photobucket

For any change to happen, I would have to go in with the thought that my belief could be wrong. That I was in error. This is hard for all of us to do. We all think we are right and everyone else is foolish in their weird beliefs.

I believe in bike riding.
Photobucket

To change the world for the better we would have to respect others beliefs even if we don't agree with them. If the beliefs aren't hurting anyone else or being forced on anyone else, I can live with the thought that someone thinks another show is better than Star Trek.

I believe in keeping it real!
Photobucket

Some people like believing in things you could never understand. That's fine, we have different points of view. Someone could even think that Two and Half Men is better than Star Trek! Can you image that!? No, I can't either.

I believe in Rock and Roll!
Photobucket

Here is a link to an hour recital of my songs. Rock and roll!
Songs Of Herbert Midgley 2009

Here I am rocking out at Nacstock 2009!
"Sweater Girl" at Nacstock 2009

Rock and Roll
Photobucket

Here is a video of me talking about beliefs.
Beliefs

Miami Vice Look Out!
Photobucket
Of course I believe that I'm the best film actor in East Texas, that goes without saying.

Rock and Roll!

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?