Thursday, December 20, 2007

Great End to a Full Semester

This has been a Full Semester!
Photobucket

Can't believe this semester is over. It seems like only a few weeks ago it started and now it's over. All I can say is this has been one busy semester.

As always, I had a great group of folks take my classes. It appears that many learned a lot from the classes they took. It doesn't seem fair, I learn just as much from them as they learn from me. What a great job teaching is!

Here I am grading 250 recital reviews!
Photobucket

Here are a few photos of the classes I taught this semester. I'm glad that I started to do this a few years back, it's cool to go back and see all of the many folks that have taken classes with me. Can you pick me out in the photos?

The Guitar Class.
Photobucket

MWF Rock History Class.
Photobucket

T/Th Rock History Class.
Photobucket

The Intro to Electronic Music Class.
Photobucket

Taking the film class this semester was really rewarding. I worked hard to learn as much as I could during the projects that weren't mine. Making films is a great passion. This semester I worked about 100 hours outside of class on various movie shoots. The most important thing that I have this semester is how to deal with people under stressful or perceived stressful moments.

Being able to keep a cool head and focus on solving the problem instead of the problem itself, is so important in a time restricted creative process. Also how you deal and treat others under these time is also important.

People skills is important because you have to work with the crew as well as the actors. Everyone is under a lot of stress to get their job right the first time. I have always found that if everyone feels good about what they are doing, they will do their jobs better.

I love making films.
Photobucket

Also it was important for me not to do everything. I am a one man movie making machine. From writing, editing, directing and acting, I have learn how to do all of these jobs myself making all of the music videos and films over the last eight years. It was important that I would let those that didn't have any film experience, find their own voice. And they did. It's also great not to do it all myself.

Over the next few years you are going to see some great films from me. And that's why I took the class. You are either getting better or getting worst in life. I chose to get better. One day at a time. One film at a time!

Here is another teaser from the film I'm currently working on.

"You Can't Con a Con" Teaser 2

Here are some videos of me playing guitar and piano. Enjoy!

Herbert Midgley Playing Blues on The Guitar in A

Herbert Midgley Playing Boogie Woogie on the Piano in C

Herbert Midgley Playing Boogie Woogie in Bb

Photos:

What a cool shadow and red tie in this photo.
Photobucket

Doing ADR 5 hours before show time.
Photobucket

After 1 and half hours sleep at 8am watching all the group's films.
Photobucket

Later that night eating Catfish after a nice long nap.
Photobucket

Welcome to the Gunn Show!
Photobucket

That's a cool coat and shopping kart!
Photobucket

I love riding my bike.
Photobucket

Reflecting as I eat a chicken sandwich after a long semester.
Photobucket

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?