Saturday, August 12, 2006

Last Week......

MHL 350 class Summer II 2006
I'm the short one to the right,
in the Miami Vice Outfit.
I had a great time teaching and taking screenwriting during Summer II. Believe it or not, I learn as much or more while teaching a class as I do taking one. That is why I love teaching. As time goes on, I get better at doing this gig. And no amount of money can equal the joy I get from teaching. I take classes so that I can relate to my current students and plus, I love to learn.

I ran 14 miles this week. I can't believe that I can this much now. Only last year I was running about three miles a week. What a difference a year makes.

This week I wrote another song. And of course I shot a video for it. There is a lot of construction going on SFA this year. Where I run at, they bulldozed down the apartments there. I knew this would be a cool back drop for this song. And you can see me act as well. Here is "In Your Heart".

My favorite East Texas band, Social Bliss, played at the opening at the new Starbucks in Nac. I went out to rock out with them. As always, they rocked out! You know a band rocks hardcore when everyone stops to listen to them. All of North Street was shaking and rocking!

They came out to open mike night and I got them to play along a couple of songs with me.

Here is a rare chance to hear me rock out punk style. Max from Social Bliss plays drums. You can hear me scream my lungs out and rock out! This ain't the Nerd song. Here is "There You Are".

The next song the sound in horrible, you do get to see two of the rockingness artist in East Texas rockin' out at open mike night. I'm playing guitar, Nick is on the skins and Max is singing. The main reason I'm posting this is so that you can see me rockin' out. You don't have to understand the words to dig Rock and Roll. It's Rock and Roll, it doesn't have to be perfect.

And this is the first time I have broken a string at open mike night. And it's on tape! There's a loud buzz at the end so have your speakers on low towards the end after I'm done singing. We did a combo version of "I Didn't Let Her /Jenny Didn't Let Here".

I can't believe the summer is almost over. It went by so fast. To all of my great friends, thank you. You have made this the best summer yet! All you need in life are friends, freedom and thought. I have all of those. And four pips on my collar. Rock and Roll!

"In Your Heart"
"There You Are"
"I Didn't Let Her /Jenny Didn't Let Here"

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?