Saturday, June 10, 2006

Picking Blueberries!!

I got to pick my lunch today off a tree!


Today I got to go to the Nacogdoches Blueberry fest to hear some bands and see a lot of people. My friend that was out there told me that she was going to pick some blueberries for a dollar a pound with some of her friends. For some reason after I heard this, I knew that I had to go pick some blueberries for myself.

At the fest they sold the a pint of picked blueberries for two bucks. So if I picked them myself, I would save money and have fun too. That was it, I had to go now!

For some reason, it was hard to find the shuttle going to the blueberry farm. After a few minutes, I finally found it. It seems that I wasn't the only one that couldn't find the shuttle. There wasn't a sign pointing to it on Main street. Maybe it was suppose to be a secret. You can't trick me though.

So I got there and they put the strap with the bucket on me, and I was off to pick me some blueberries! It was great to pick and eat your own fruit. I had so much fun eating and picking blueberries! Next year I'll do that again!

I picked four pounds of blueberries, so I'll have some for a while. And it is true, blueberries that you pick yourself do taste better! Well I sort of worked for them, kind of. The trees did the hard part, all I did was pick them and eat them.

If you are in town and want to hear me rock out, here is your chance.

Come out and watch your Open Mic Night Favorites.
Rita's Cantina
Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 9:00pm

I'll will be on the same ticket as many East Texas greats, so come out and watch Mikey Browder, Adam Lamar, Chris Edwards, Jeremy Regan and me. Rock and roll forever!

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?