Herb's YouTube Vids

Loading...

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Timetorians, Acting, Rocking out and Tree Fighting

The psychiatrist, the patient and the orderly.
Another busy week. “The Timetorians” shoot when great last Saturday. I want to thank all of the folks that came out and give me their all in this film project. This should be one of the best Sci-Fi movies I have made so far. There is a lot of dialogue, but this wasn’t suppose to be an action film. The good news is that there will be a lot of close ups of me in the film.

I shot a few pick up scenes through out the week so that I could have a bit more action and drama in the movie. I have the rough edit done today, I want to take some time on the sound effects and the soundtrack, so it maybe ready next weekend.

I was in my last vignette on Friday. This time I was the psychiatrist and I really had a chance to act. I had over two pages of dialogue and I had the great fortune to act against a great actress on my last time at bat. Someone that has a lot of talent can make others look good. It’s not easy playing a crazy person and she pull off a great performance. I'm sure that it is going to look great on film.

This one was the hardest vignette I acted in so far. It wasn’t the lines. It was the combination of the lines, the blocking and then the acting. I remembered the best piece of advice I have gotten from the acting for camera class, sound like yourself or else you aren’t going to be believable.

So I did that. I spoke the lines like I was talking to a friend. In my favorite television shows, the actors are saying the lines like they would say them as themselves.

That’s why when I use non-actors in my films, I don’t have them memorize lines. I tell them their lines and how they should feel. I think you are going to like the acting in “The Timetotians”.

Also on Friday I got to play a 45-minute set at Rita’s for DKX “Fight Cancer” show. They raised over $250. I can’t believe that I can play that long and only use my own songs. And I had had another twenty that I could’ve sung too. I guess I can play a three-hour show of only music. Wow!

I videotaped the show, so sometime next week I’ll post it up.

Here is a video of me fighting a tree.
Tree Fighting.

No comments:

Videos!

Loading...

Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?