Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm in the Newspaper again/Folkie "I'm a Nerd"

Now I'm Famous!
Today I have an article in the Pinelog. It's a great article about Originals Night at Rita's and my music.

I went to go see a country show on Saturday. They played a lot of great rock covers in the country/folk style. I watched the guitar player's hands to see how to play some country riffs.

After the concert, I felt that I should record a folkie version of the "I'm a Nerd" song. So I did.

I used a country walking bass line on the guitar, the harmonica, tambourine and the mandolin and me singing of course. It has been over ten years since I played the mandolin. I love the out of tune strings on my mandolin. And the harp playing sounds cool too.

This version I really dig for some reason. Maybe it's because it's so different than the rock version. I hope that you dig it too.

If you ever wanted to learn how to use iLife's GarageBand, I made a ten minute video on GarageBand basics. I plan to make two more videos on GarageBand soon.

Pinelog Newspaper Article 3-27-06

I'm a Nerd (Folk Version)
2.1 megs Mp3

Here I am showing how to use GarageBand:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mRns5Xxi0pM

If you missed me on the TV land William Shatner Documentary, you can catch it again on March 29, 2006 at 9 pm CST on TV Land. The documentary series is called "Living in TV Land".

One minute of Amit and Herb on the William Shatner Documentary.

This is the Videocast from the exhibit hall.

Here is the educational podcast we do every week.
The Return of Whatever

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Midgley... when are we making the hip hop remix?
-Ben

Tiff said...

Aww I saw your article in the paper!!! You looked awesome!



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?