Friday, November 11, 2005

I Remember Veterans' Day

Here I am Looking towards the future.
One day we will all work together.


Today is Veterans' Day. On the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918, the Great War, the war to end all wars ended. You call it World War I but to those who fought in this war it was known as the Great War. This war was fought hand to hand over patches of land that you took one day and lost the next.

Most folks don't think about what Veterans' Day means, I however do. I am an American. And I'm proud of that. This is the best country in the world, I want to visit other countries, but I want to live in Texas and America.

This is the one country in the world that we have freedom. The freedom of speech, the freedom of religion and the freedom to pursue happiness. What a great country! Are we perfect, no. I truly believe Americans try to do the best that we can to make our country great. In a few centuries, when humanity has grown out of this infancy, the world will work together. I can't wait.

Freedom doesn't just happen. There is a price for it. I think back to all the soldiers that have died so that I have rights and freedoms. I want to honor them, so in this blog their lives are so noted. Thank you, I'll always remember. Always. And always.

And a happier note I am going to be on the Computer America Radio show this Friday at 10pm Texas time. If you can't catch it on the radio, they have podcast and streaming audio on their website.

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?