Saturday, October 15, 2005

Plays, Songs and Friends

A night with the Orchestra
It has been a great week to write about. I love to write, not only in this blog but also songs and plays. At certain times I feel the creative bug and I write all night. This has been one of those weeks.

I enjoy writing plays. Others may not like them, but I do. I feel that my major strength is the ability to write real dialogue. That's why I'm not a good novel writer, there is too much set up time. In a play, it is like real life, people talking. And I can talk.

Here is my latest play. The title is "Let's Go to Cali". I hope you like it. If you read it, email me some input. Let me know if the dialogue it sounds real.

I'm still digging open mike nights. My great friends are there, and many other people that I love to see. When they miss a week, I miss seeing them. In a lot of ways, they are another part of my family.

So I write songs to perform there. And when I have enough songs to make a CD, I do.
I write about real life. I write songs about thoughts and events I have witness, often at open mike night.

Here is my latest song, Don't Hurt Me. Let me know what you think. Email me

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?