Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Hurricane is fixin' to get here!

Me and my Mac Plus. It has no hard drive, a floppy drive,
no fan and Four megs of ram which I installed myself!

Hurricane Rita is coming to town. Classes are cancelled until Tuesday. Funny I haven't heard any students complaining. It is a Hurricane party in Nac for the next few days I guess.

The hurricane isn't here yet and people are "acting stupid". People fighting over gas and water. The tap is still working, you can store water at home. I went out at 4am on Thursday to get a few items and the Wal-Mart was out of water and bread and the shelves were bare. I got some peanut butter and crackers, I'm set for life.

As I write this, there are no winds in Nac. In a few hours that may change. It could flood, but that won't be the end of the world. The power may go out, the only downside is that I can't update my blog. Life will go on.

If the power goes out, maybe I'll have time to write that play that I have in my head. I have a laptop. If it rains for the next few days, I'll have something to do.

On a positive note, I got to hang out with some really cool people. All of them going to ride out the storm. As a treat, I showed them my Star Wars Fan film. They all loved it.

Here is a new song I wrote. I'll play it at the next open mike night!
I Like The Way That You Are

My thoughts are on all of the folks that don't have a shelter tonight.
I wish you all well.

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?