Sunday, September 25, 2005

After Hurricane Rita

Herb fighting a tree or did Rita knock it down?
Yellow Flower

Well Rita hit and Nac and it wasn't too bad. Since I have been in East Texas I have had thunder storms that did more damage. I am still without power but SFA has it so I'll live. Not too much damage hit Nacogdoches, a few trees are down, a few signs too and I think a few houses had a tree fall in.

The roads are busy with the Houston folks driving back home. Gas is hard to get it think that there are only two gas stations in town that have gas. I have a full tank and I can drive my bike every where if I have to.

I hope that the power will be back at my house in a few hours, it may take days. I'll live in any case.

So far all of friends are fine and that is the most important thing. It could've been a lot worst, so I am thankful that no one was hurt. Stuff can be replaced, people can't. And I can't wait to get back to teaching!

Thanks to all the folks that called me up.

Here are a few photos of Nacogdoches a few minutes after Rita hit.
I got on my bike and took these photos about 2pm.
Rita Hurricane Photos
Here is a link of the podcast in which I talk about Hurricane Rita.
Return of Whatever Podcast 16a (9-24-05) 4 megs

And podcast from today.
Return of Whatever Podcast 17 (9-25-05) 23 megs

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?