Friday, February 11, 2005

TMEA Session

I presented at TMEA on Wednesday. I had about 220 people there, that is about 100 more than I have in my Rock History class. I ran out of programs. Wow! Was I nervous, No. I knew what I wanted to say so I didn't have any reason to be nervous. The only thing that I was worried about was that my laptop would die or the MIDI gremlins would happen. But all the tech stuff worked well.

I told a few jokes and used humor to keep the presentation from being boring. I started with my power point presentation, but I know this music technology stuff so well that I didn't use it once I was showing them how to use the software.


They all wanted to hear my Nerd song. I told them they could download it at my website. I had about twelve folks come up and talk to me to ask various questions, which is a lot between sessions. I hope that I get to do this again, there seems to be a market for the info that I know.
Here is the link to my presentation. TMEA presentation.

After the presentation is over, the rush is gone. It is cool to have that many eye balls on you listening to what you are saying. That is why I am a teacher, I love the spot light. It is a bit like playing open mike night.

I am so happy that I got to see an old friend. Corrie was a piano major back when I was in college. We were piano friends and I haven't seen her since 1999. I was telling her not to go to Russia because of Y2K. Well Y2K happen and everything went on as normal. It was great seeing Corrie again, she writes songs and plays jazz when she can. I wish her well. The old Captain gave her some song writing tips. I also gave her my Whatever CD, I am sure she will treasure it for the rest of her life.

Here I am at the Alamo. I got to go in this time!

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?