Monday, May 03, 2004

Jogging, Plays, Music and Dead Week

Well, school is almost over. This is the last week that I see my kiddos (or students) before finals. And this will be the last week they see me. I love to see former students at Wal-Mart or other places around town. Most of the time, it is only a quick wave that I get or a hello or a hey. I hate to be called hey, but I’ll get into that later.

But sometimes I have former students that want to tell me how much they had learn from me. Sometimes it is so they can tell me a major life event had happen to them. I am always happy to talk for a few minutes, if it goes too long, I have learned how to end it before the uncomfortable silent happens. I do this so they won’t feel bad, not because I am cold or not care.

This has been a good semester. Nothing major has happen in my classes. Only a few have stop coming to class, and after the drop date, there is nothing I can do but put down an F. I still can’t believe that students don’t come and talk to me, if it is a real excuse, I will do my best to help them. If they don’t want to come to class, then there is nothing I can do.

I ran or jog or something a mile today. I broke the 12 minute mile. I want to be able to run 2 or 3 miles without dying. I could have ran another 1/2 mile, but I was starting to feel it so I stop after my goal of a mile.

I went to four plays this week. It was part of the playwrighting festival. They were all great and the actors were great too. I love to act, but I have two emotions, happy and mad. These actors can act. I believe everything. I am still writing plays, go read a few that I have at my website. All of them are good. I hope to have a few produce one day.

That’s it, 17 days until I am on National TV. The Whatever show was only a local, this one is in 40 million homes. I can’t wait for my Nerd song to be in all of those homes.

Rock and Roll

To go read my plays:
http://www.herbertmidgley.com/novel.html

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?