Monday, May 10, 2004

Finals, Dr. Mario and TechTv

Finals are today. I hate to see my kiddos go, but all good things must come to and end. This semester has flown by. As the years go by, they go by faster and faster. I wish my students well. I will see some of them in the future in some of my other classes. Others I will never see again. I don’t remember every student that I have had, the ones that work hard and talked in class are the ones I remember.

I am the type of person that has always been easy to remember. Because I stand out in the crowd. I bet that most people that knew me in junior high, high school and college remember me. It is a blessing and a curse. I am a star in my own little world. Fame is and isn’t what is cracked out to be.

Well, I served my good friend at Dr. Mario the other day. We play until someone wins six games. I won five and he had won five. It came down to the last pill, he won, but I have never played this well before. I have been practicing daily for about a year now. I know that he hasn’t it, if he starts again, he will own me again, but for right now, we are even.

It looks like the TevhTv interview is going to happen. I got my schedule from ‘Unsrewed’. I heard that everyone at TechTv has gotten fired. 285 people all laid off in 60 days. I hope that they will all get jobs and I wish them well. I guess I am still on for the interview since they got to have something on the air for the next 60 days until they figure out what programs they are going to keep. I was looking forward to meet everyone there, but now it will be depressing to meet people that may not have a job in few months. I don’t want to look like I am having fun while they are losing their jobs.

I remember when we stop doing “Whatever”, the TV show that we did daily for 400 plus shows. It was sad, but since we didn’t get paid for it, it was only sad to not work together. To these guys, it’s there paying job.

That is the one thing that I don’t have to worry about as much, because if I am willing to move, I can find a job teaching music somewhere in Texas. Teachers are always needed. I might be in England right now if I didn’t keep getting teaching jobs. One day I hope to visit England. But I work too much, which is good. Maybe if this Nerd song blows up, I can do some TV shows in England or Germany. That would rock!

Also go read my plays and let me know what you think of them. They are all one acts, so it won’t take you too long to read them. Email me your thoughts.

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?