Wednesday, January 07, 2004

The Reason that America is Fat

Is America fat because we are lazy? No. Are we fat because we have no self-control? No, it is because you can't buy anything without refined sugar in it! If you go to Wal-Mart, I dare you to find a cereal without sugar. YOU CAN'T! Everything has sugar! Even the healthy looking junk has sugar. Does Cheerios have sugar? Yes. Does Life? Yes. Does Special K? Yes. They all do.

The only cereal that you can get that doesn't have refined sugar is the diabetic cereal. And it 3 times the price!!! If it doesn't have sugar in it, I would think that is would be cheaper!!! But it is not.

In 1996, I weighed 235 pounds. I am 5' 5". I was about to student teach, so I decided that I would drop 5 pounds. I started to work out and eat better. I also gave up soda. I lost weight slowly. It took me about two years to get down to 155 pounds. 5 years later, I am still the same weight.

I choose not to eat food that doesn't have nutritional value. So I don't want to eat sugar. I know when I go out and eat, I am probably eat something that has sugar. So I do the best that I can. It would be nice not to have to watch what I eat. It would nice not to have to pay three times to get some cereal without sugar. It wuld be nice if America wasn't so fat.

So if you want to lose weight, workout and eat better. You can do it. I did, you can too.

Or maybe you are lazy and don't have self-control.

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?