Saturday, July 31, 2021

Learning and the Truth

 Learning and the Truth

As a child, I knew that I wanted an education. Going to college and learn about as many subjects and areas that I could do while studying there. In every class, I had a goal of learning one new idea or piece of information that I did not know. That would be about forty-five pieces of information or new thoughts from each class that I took. Most of the time, there was more than one, but all I needed was one from each class hour. 

Today on the internet, we can learn from every waking moment using a computer or smartphone. It is amazing how much we can learn today via the web, through videos, blogs, research articles, news for today and the past, and so on. With an internet connection, we can access any type of knowledge and information we desire to learn. This still astounds me when I reflect upon my past with an 8-bit computer connected to a 300 baud modem and a printer that I could never get to work.

I love learning. Being a lifelong learner means that my journey is never over. There is only another road for me to travel on to my next educational destination. And the journey can jump from one question to another with a few vocal commands on a search engine. We all have gone down many educational rabbit holes since the internet was opened to the masses. 

In education, truth is the ethical path we use when sharing information. Since the internet has given us all, we should give back to it through blogs, podcasts, videos, and other content to expand our knowledge base. The far-out there ideas about subjects that I do not have expertise in are fascinating to me. Does that mean you will listen to a podcast and realized what you have just heard is a bunch of nonsense? Yes. We need that. It keeps us on our educational toes. Without flawed information, you would believe everything you read or see on the internet. 

As a firm believer in playing the devil's advocate with my fascination with the law, sometimes advocating for wrong, flawed, unsupported ideas will strengthen your beliefs, opinions, and the truth. It is fun and a great intellectual exercise to take incorrect data and find a way to support it through your intellect. This skill improves your ability to sense and identify the truth. Without practicing identifying factual and supportive information, can the truth actually exist? One must never take the truth for granted. It is like freedom. Vigilance is the price we pay to have both. Through diligence and watchfulness, you can recognize truth. Computed! 

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?