Tuesday, December 25, 2007

1001010010010010 or Merry Christmas!

It has been a Merry Christmas for me.
I got this New Axe to Rock out on!
Photobucket

Wow! Can't believe the year is almost over and Christmas is here. When I was a kid, I would look forward towards the Christmas break so that I could play video games, ride my bike and rock out on my Lotus Les Paul copy. Now when I have time off, I still rock out and ride my bike, now I also make films and write.

On Christmas Eve I woke up to a beautiful East Texas day and was inspired to write a happy song. So I wrote the lyrics in ten minutes, figured out a chord progression and recorded it with my new Axe, a Yamaha Pacifica 120 SD.

This is my present to everyone. The gift of a music, this time a happy song. Hope it brings joy and a smile to your day!

Here is the lead sheet if you want to play and sing along.



















Have a Happy Happy Day
Herbert Midgley
12-24-07
© 2007
Verse
G C D C
Clouds floating by,
That bird is so free.
The Day is so great,
Yeah Yeah Yeah!
Chorus
G C D C
Have a Happy Happy Day
Smiling, Laughing OK?
Have a Happy Happy Day
Don’t want it to go away.
Chorus
G C D C
Have a Happy Happy Day
Smiling, Laughing OK?
Have a Happy Happy Day
Don’t want it to go away.
Verse
G C D C
Sun bright in the Sky,
Warms my Soul.
Everything is all right,
Going Going Going!
Verse
G C D C
Wind brushes by face,
Leaves dances in the air.
Feeling so alive
Happy Happy Happy!
Chorus
G C D C
Have a Happy Happy Day
Smiling, Laughing OK?
Have a Happy Happy Day
Don’t want it to go away.
Tag
G C D C
Have a Happy Happy Day
Smiling, Laughing OK?
Have a Happy Happy Day
Don’t want it to go away.


Playing and Dancing a Happy Song for you all.
Photobucket

"Have a Happy Happy Day" (Music Video)

The Yamaha Pacifica 120 SD guitar I got came from a pawn shop. This is the first time I have ever bought a guitar from a pawn shop. Being a guitarist, I always walk over to see what guitars are there and usually amazed at the almost new price tags I see on them.

For whatever reason when I saw this guitar, I knew that I had to rock out on it. So I put on a strap and plugged it. This guitar sounded good. For over a year, I have been wanting a Telecaster to rock out on. While this one isn't a true Telecaster, it looks, feels and sounds like one. And I think it looks great.

I asked how much out the door. $75 out the door with a strap and a gig bag. So I took it home and started to rock out with it. It sounds great when I play the blues. Look for me playing my new axe all over East Texas next year!

After doing some research, it turns out it was made in 1997. I wonder who had it before and what type of music they played on it? Well, it has a good home now and I'll rock out with it from now on!

Fixin' to play some Blues!
Photobucket

Blues in A on Guitar!

Here is that short movie I made on Sunday. It's short and funny. If you need a quick laugh, watch it! Wait for the ending!

Stop taking photos of yourself. Not!
Photobucket

"The Muscle Nerd" (Short Film)

You know that you wanted to see in me in a Santa Hat!
Photobucket

If you need some Christmas music to listen while you are with your friends and family, here is my "Have A Nerdy Christmas CD".

And Merry Christmas everyone! Hope this is a great holiday for you, your friends and family!

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?