Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Return of Whatever CD Release

The New CD Release
Last September I released my last CD release, More Whatever. My first CD was Whatever.

26 songs later and I have my new CD, The Return of Whatever. This is my most emotional CD to date. It is my Sgt. Pepper and The White Album rolled up into one CD.

In many ways it is a concept album. The concept is about friendships and relationships that come and go in a person’s life. Most people can relate to the songs on this CD. You may have a friend that is searching for something that is wrong for them, or know of someone that treated another person poorly in a relationship or friendship.

Is this some Nerd Emo Rock CD? Yes and no. There are a lot of emotional songs and nerd related tunes. But the themes are universal. Everyone can relate. And perhaps learn from them as well.

My songwriting is the best that is has ever been. In the past two years I have composed over 75 songs. The 26 songs on this CD contain some of my best songwriting to date.

The creative process still fascinates me. Since here in East Texas we have some of the best songwriters, I feel that we all learn from one another. This community of singers and songwriters all encourage one another and help each other with songwriting tips. This is the best place in the world to be a singer/songwriter. We have venues to perform our music and fans that come out to listen to our songs. And people that want our CD too!

Also some of my other creative endeavors have added to my songwriting. My plays influence my songs, my acting influences my plays, my songs influence my films and so on.

One thing that I have learn from acting and playwriting, that has help my songwriting, is not to hold anything back. When you think maybe you shouldn’t say something, that’s exactly what you should use. I sum this up in the last song that I wrote for The Return of Whatever, Be True to Yourself. “Can you look at yourself in the mirror?” If you can’t, then do something about it!

If you are in town, I pass out a few real CDs at the local open mike nights this week.

I hope that you like the CD. You can download it for free. Let me know what you think.
Email Me

The Return of Whatever CD 73.2 megs Zip File 128 kbps Mp3
I zipped the CD of Mp3s into one file. Any PC and Mac should be able to 'unzip' this file so that you can listen to the music on your computer.



Support www.herbertmidgley.com! Pick Which Amount



No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?