Sunday, June 06, 2004

My First “Whatever” Gig

Well, I played my first gig of my songs. I have played classical guitar before and played and sang covers, but this is the first time I have played all my own material as a singer.

I played almost all of my songs off my “Whatever” CD. I had a great time. This is the first time I sang that long in a row. I played and sang for a little over an hour. I am so happy to be able perform a full set of my own music. I could always play covers all night, but it feels great to be able to do all of my own music.

I was glad to have a few friends there to support me. They all had a copy of my CD, and have heard a lot of my songs. Between each song I talked a bit. I guess this is banter. The people that were listening to me were laughing at my jokes. I did this to give my voice a small break. And for the people that didn’t like my singing or songs, this gave them a chance to have a break too.

The crowd was a little light, but I think the ones that were listening to my songs, the words, could dig my music. I never claim to be the best singer or songwriter, but my singing and songs are from my heart. Love or hate them, I love all of my songs.

Well, it was a good time. I had a blast and I hope that one day I could do this more. I know that I am not the best singer, but if you go out and sing your heart out, the audience should be able to realize it. And they did.

When I play again I hope that you can come out and hear me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you rock!!!



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?