Wednesday, June 30, 2021

How Easy We Forget The Past

 How Easy We Forget The Past


Time is the fire in which we burn. That means that time is what we use to continue our lives. Time is perceived differently by every individual ever born. What time means to me is different than what time means to you or anyone else.  

In my lifetime, I have seen history unfold before my eyes. I looked around to see other individuals and realize this is history and witnessing and I am right here experiencing it. These experiences are surreal, almost as if time itself slowed down to a crawl so you could have a clear memory of these events burned into your memory.

As a child, I would experience history often through watching the news. As I grew older, many times, I actually was where history was being created. As I increase increasingly grow closer to my end date, I realize history is every moment of time. It may never be written into a book or made into a film or a documentary. That does not matter. History is all around us.

Strange, last year at this time, we were in a middle of a lockdown during a pandemic. It is funny how it seems like a lifetime ago, and it was only one cycle around the sun ago. Of course, as many others have noted, this was history being made. None of us ever thought that the whole world would lockdown because of a virus spreading globally. Walking around the empty streets with no cars, it felt like I was in a post-apocalyptic zombie film. The term surreal does not do justice to what I was experiencing last year. The isolation was new to us all. Those that always wanted off from work realized how boring life is without a purpose. Many claimed they would achieve great things if they only had time. When the gift of time was given to them, they realize that's not what they wanted.

This is because time is the blame for many poor coping skills. It was not time's fault that you did not learn something. Time did not end a relationship. When you really wanted to do something, and you did not, time was not the reason.

It was you all along. For us, it is so easy to blame time when in reality, we should reflect on ourselves for poor choices and poor time management. When something is important to you will find the time to complete any task. The concept of time is difficult for our minds to comprehend.

Time just keeps everything from happening all at once. Time is something that you can not buy or give to others. Time, you only appreciate it when you do not have much of it left. Time is a construct invented by watchmakers to sell watches. In reality, there is no time. There is only ourselves.

Computed







No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?