Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Real Texans Don't Need Air Condition While They Drive

Real Texans Don't Need Air Condition While They Drive

I've been a Texan all of my life.  The years that I didn't live in Texas, I lived like a Texan.  When I have travel abroad, I lived like a Texan.  If you are born in Texas, you are a Texan.  However it is how you live your life that makes you a Real Texan.

Today it is common place for everyone to drive their cars with air condition.  Of course at one time there wasn't air condition in cars, or if they had it, it really didn't work well until the 1970's.  All we had was two windows down driving at 55 MPH for air to cool us down.  When standing still at a stop light, we had to deal with the heat.

Did that make us tougher not using air condition?  I would say yes.  In Texas it is hot.  If you live here, you need to be able to survive the heat.  Why live in a place that you can't walk or drive in?  Does that make any sense?

Most people that I know in Texas or other places, have to get their air condition fixed as soon as it gets broken.  It is like their car is now unusable.  In Texas, or the South for that matter, try selling a car without air condition.  That is how dependent people have gotten on air condition in their cars.

I would challenge you all, fellow Texans and others, to drive with the windows down.  Get some fresh air, let the wind on your face.  I bet you will like it.  If you sweat, then you know you are alive and normal.  You walk from one air condition house to another, you could go a few minutes driving without air condition.  It will make you tougher.  We could use more tougher and people of true grit in this world.

However you are talking to the guy that wears a suit while biking.  Not many have the grit and strength that I have.  Perhaps you have it in you.  I believe in you.  You can tough it out, you don't need air condition while you drive.  Be a Real Texan with me!



A Real Texan Doesn't Need Air Condition While Driving.





No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?