Thursday, November 23, 2006

What I’m Thankful For

I'm Thankful.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When the holidays arrive, it's a goodtime to look back and reflect on what we have to be thankful for. This year, like all the rest, I have a lot.

I have my health. They year I'm in the best shape of my life. Last year at this time, I average running about five miles a week. This year it's nine or twelve miles a week. I can do more pushups and sit-ups than last year. At this time last year I was wearing pants that were 36 inches in the waist, now I wear 32.

I have my friends. Friends that are near and friends that are far away. It's great to get emails from around the country telling me my movies were awesomely great or that they got a laugh from the blog. I’m thankful for the friends that have in town, it's great to have people to go do stuff with. From going to concerts, open mike nights, movies, plays, going out to eat, walking around as a Stormtrooper, joining me for a jog, talking about everything, watching TV, rocking out with me on stage, or calling to say hi without asking me to fix your computer, I value those times.

I have my creativity. It is great that I have time to write plays, screenplays and a lot of whiney emo songs. I’m still amazed that I can write a song, shoot a music video and post it on YouTube all within a few hours. That means someone from across the world could hear one of my songs within two hours of writing it! Wow.

And of course my Sci-Fi films. As time goes by, I can see that I'm getting better at telling a story with film. It is great to have folks want to help me out when I need other people than just me to be in one of my 'classic' movies. I don’t care what anyone thinks, "The Timetorians" is the best indie Sci-Fi film ever! These movies give me a chance to show off my acting talent as well.

I have my gig. It's the best gig in the world. I get paid to talk to people and show them how to create and understand themselves and the world a bit better. When I wake up in the morning, I still can't believe that I get a paycheck for this.

I have places to perform. Sadly Rita's closed back in September, however 'the scene' found other places to perform at. It still rocks hard when I walk on stage and I get a 'pop' from the audience. I will never get over that rush. And when the whole audience is singing along to "Sweater Girl" or "I'm a Nerd", it rocks hard. Since Rita's closed, I've played at places that I wouldn't have ever gone to. I'm so thankful for the music scene in Nac, it has fostered some many great musicians in town.

I have my fans. It's because of you that I'm "The Internet Legend". When I get on national TV, radio, newspapers, magazines or linked on a major website, I do it for you all. I get stopped by folks that I’ve never met that tell me that they saw me in this that or other. All I can say is wow.

I have my family. It's great to live and work in a place that I can see my family every week. Every time I do anything cool, neat or creative, it's because of my folks. Thanks.

So I have a lot to be thankful for this year. I'm sure you do as well. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Here is a song that wrote this week. The footage is from a movie that I shot this summer that I haven't finished yet. And it's another sad, whiney, emo, nerd, folk, rock song. I hope you like it.

"I Wouldn’t Care" mp3

"I Wouldn’t Care" Music Video

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?