Friday, September 08, 2006

Happy 40th Birthday Star Trek!

Happy Birthday Star Trek,
I can't wait for the next 40 years!!!

Today forty years ago, a new science fiction television show went on the air for the first time. Star Trek boldly went where no other television has ever gone. It showed us that humanity could work together, not only in space, on the Earth as well.

I could go on and on about how Star Trek change the world. And how Star Trek changed it for the better. How Star Trek gave the world hope for our future.

Until Star Trek, science fiction had pretty much shown that humanity’s future was going to be bleak. The future was going to be depressing? No. It’s not. You are not going to believe what happens in the next couple of million years. Trust me, it will truly be fun. I hope you are around to see it.

Star Trek gave us hope, not for the present, for the future. In so many ways Star Trek has influenced my life. I can honesty say that I am a better person since I am a Starfleet officer and Captain of a Starship.

I try to change the world, for the better each day I get up. Until I beam up for the last time, I will continue to do this. What a world this would be if we all were Starfleet officers.

Working not for a paycheck, rather working to make humanity and the world better place. Helping those that need it. Protecting those that can’t. And pushing yourself to be the best person that you can be. This is what a Starfleet officer does everyday.

In forty years, I can’t wait to see what the 80th anniversary Star Trek will bring. Forty years ago, no one had personal computers. There was no internet. How many medical advancements have been made as well? Also we haven’t landed a man on the Moon either by 1966.

I hope in another forty years, humanity has grown out of its infancy and that we can all work together. I believe that we can. So forty years from now you see an old Admiral driving his flying car with his robot friend, give me a wave. And when there is peace on the Earth, I told you so. I will have that same big smile that I wear everyday and my hand will still be pointing towards the future!

Starfleet forever.





Support www.herbertmidgley.com! Pick Which Amount



No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?