Sunday, May 08, 2005

Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet COMPLETE!

It has been about four months since TK560 and I started to make my trooper armor. This weekend, it is complete!

I had to trim the legs down a bit, since I'm a bit short for a Stormtrooper. The new helmet feels great and I can see out of this one! The Rubies helmet that I bought is too small, it makes you look like a pinhead in the suit. The Rubies helmet I can only see about 20 percent. In the new bucket, I can see about 75 percent, which is great. It is also lightweight on my head and I can breathe out of it. I had it on for over thirty minutes, which is way more than I can wear the Rubie's one. In the Rubies helmet I could only wear it for at most, ten minutes without having to take it off.

Again many thanks to TK560 for his hard work on this project for twenty-eight months now. I helped out a bit, but it was Jim that did all of the hard work and had the vision. This weekend we all pulled a few more suits and got one cut out and put together. A few more suits and we'll have a squad of troopers in Nacogdoches! It is going to be fun to make a Star Wars fan film this summer. I'm sure there will be more than one movie, so look for them in a few months!

I may be too short for a Stormtrooper, but in the armor I feel ten feet tall!

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?