Monday, August 09, 2004

Old Friends

This is the last week of summer school. The Fall semester starts on the 30th, so I will have a few weeks off before school starts. It’s not enough time to go or do anything, so I will try to rest up for a long semester.

I got to talk to an old friend that I knew back in junior and senior high the other day. It has been about fifteen years since I lasted talked to him. The world is small and I am amazed at all the different paths we took in life.

In my life, I have had many good friends. I will try to list them all, Raymond, Spencer, Jimmy and Kenny back when I was in Arkansas in the 4rd – 6th grades. In Junior high, Rodney, Tommy, Jeremy, Simon, Kenneth, Shawn, Jason and Drew. The last three, I was friends in High school too. In Cali, Dave, Tim, Craig, Chuck, James were my main homeboys.

Man, time flies by fast. All of my friends and I had great times. We were around when the first computers came out. When you could ride a dirk bike without a helmet. When you had to do a research paper you had to go to a real library instead of the internet. BBS was our internet. If you don’t know what a BBS was, you are too young to trust.

I bet you anything that none of my friends back then would have thought that I would get world wide fame for writing a Nerd Song. Well, I guess some of them would have.

Again, Starfleet for life!!!!!

2 comments:

Herbert said...

James Rocks!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i went to high school with herb. i'm james. herb was the guy that was kind of quite but when you put a guitar in his hand it was a diffrent story. who would have guessed that herb could go from a buddy holly song or a beatles song to a metallica or ozzy song or even a slayer song. when you see people post "herb rocks!" if you don't know him the way i do then you have no idea how true that is. put a guitar in herb's hand and you will unleash the rock animal, the beast! its not surprising that herb was on tv, at least not for me. ROCK ON HERB!!!!!!



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?