Tuesday, January 20, 2004

1st Day of School as a Teacher.

Do you remember the first day of school when you were a student? Could you sleep? Did you eat the night before? Did you wonder if you teacher was going to be mean, hate you or have a mold on their face?

Well, what if you are a teacher and the first day is ten hours away? My big question is this about my students: Do you want to learn?

If the answer is No, then why are you in school? If the answer is yes, does that mean you are going to show up to class every day? I will, how about you?

Sometimes I feel like Mr. hand on Fast Times at Ridgemount High. His question was: "Can you attend my class?"

That is a good question, because if you can attend my class, I bet you can past it. I don't fail students, they fail themselves. They do this by not showing up to class. And not doing their work. And not paying attention.

So, if you are my student, are you going to try in my class? If you do, bet you'll learn something. If you don't, then you won't.

I have taking a few classes the last few semesters. I am usually the best student in the class. Is it because I am smarter then everyone else? No, it is because I show up, ask questions and do my work.

This is what you have to do to be a good student. Show up, do your work and ask questions if you don't know something. Also it is all right to add something to the lecture if you know something.

I love this, because I am still learning. And I don't know everything yet. Give me a few more years, I might know it all then.

I hope that my students will learn something also.

No comments:



Blog Archive

Do you Know Herbert Midgley?